It’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed a completely guilt-free lie in on a Saturday morning. That’s not to say I haven’t partaken in a number of lie ins in the process of settling in to working from home (I absolutely have) but feeling like I’ve truly earned it is more of a rarity. Periods of prolonged, unplanned relaxation are often tainted by my knowing that I should be doing something more productive. A feeling of laziness rather than deserved rest. This morning, though, I’m actively stepping back and making time purely for myself. After a busy few days, I’ve made a positive decision to leave behind the pressure of feeling that I should be working instead. Which feels far more legit than planning to have a solid morning of work but instead messing around on my phone in bed for an hour! I hope you’re having a happy start to the weekend also, and here’s some of my favourite links from around the web from the past week or so.
Weekend Notes #2
– A few tips on creating the perfect sleep routine – it’s so much easier to get up and go when you have the proper habits in place.
– We purchased a ton more house plants last weekend and I’m determined to be the best plant parent that I can possibly be.
– A recipe for sweet potato tacos with black beans, purple cabbage slaw, guac and goat’s cheese – we love making wraps at home so I’m definitely trying this flavour combo next.
– Ways to gain energy without relying on caffeine – I love my coffee but could definitely drink less.
– Mindful ways to beat the winter blues.
– A fantastically informative article on essential oils and what they can really do for you. And another one specifically on how to use tea tree oil that I also enjoyed.
– Five healthy pancake recipes just in case you didn’t get your fill (or, like me, completely forgot!) on Tuesday.
– This bowl of sticky Korean chicken is making my mouth water as I type.